We want you to be familiar with us before you ever visit. Listed below are some facts about who we are and how we do things, so that you'll have a heads up as to what you're going to experience. Our mission statement is simple: Love God. Love People.
1. We are portable. We meet every Sunday morning at Wright Denny Elementary School in Charles Town and have worship at 10:45AM. Our volunteers get everything set up and ready so that your worship experience is the most rewarding and beneficial to you. Come check us out this weekend!
2. We are ecclectic. HPCC is made up of people from all denominations, socio-economic backgrounds, career, and dress. We don't have a mold, standard, or expectation of any kind. Come as you are, dress how you feel comfortable, and sing as loud or as quietly as you like. Just be yourself.
3. We are contemporary. More specific, we have a full band (electric and acoustic guitars, drums, keys, bass, etc.) that leads worship each week from many of the current Christian artists. You'll hear songs from Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill, David Crowder, and more; but we do throw the occsassional hymn in there because of the power and beauty of its lyrics. We aren't a rock concert, but a willing group of worshippers seeking to give glory to God through our talents.
4. We preach the Bible. Every week. No cute stories or clever satires to draw a crowd. Our pastor lays out the word of God each week with conviction and clarity, because we believe this is the best catalyst for life change. We hold the scriptures in extremely high regard. Our pastor teaches from the English Standard Version of the Bible.
5. We are imperfect. One amazing thing about our church is the honesty in the mistakes we've all made. No hiding or sugar coating it; we have all messed up, but serve a risen Savior who turns our mess into a masterpiece. If you feel like you have baggage or don't have it all together, you'll find yourself among family at HPCC.